Thursday, September 23, 2010

Grilled PIzza

I'm not known for cooking. Not at all. I made cookies a few weeks ago and my husband said, "I think this is the first time you've ever made homemade cookies since the first year of our marriage." Well, it hadn't been that long, but seriously long enough! I don't love to cook, but now that our family is getting bigger I want to start getting better at it. We can't take 7 people out to dinner on a regular basis. That'd be way too expensive!

So this week we tried a few new things. One is now a new favorite of ours! Grilled pizza! Sounds hard, but it's not! Seriously. If I can do it, you can do it!

First I tried to find a good pizza dough recipe and made it according to the directions. If you're not into making your own dough just hit up your favorite mom and pop italian restaurant and I'm sure they'll be happy to hook you up with some dough balls and sauce! That was my original plan, cause remember... I don't like to cook, but i didn't have enough time to drive there. So then I made two dough balls. Let it rise and divided it into 4-6 smaller balls. THen made em flat with all my skillz, heated the grill to med. and brushed it with olive oil and slapped that dough on there. I left the lid open and let each side cook for 2 minutes. The dough rose pretty fast and cooked great! THen I yanked those suckers off of there and made a stack of them! Brought them inside and each kid got to spread their sauce and top their pizza! Then we turned the grill to LOW and shut the lid with them back in there. It only took about 3-4 more minutes and the cheese was melted and the toppings were hot!

All this pregnant woman can say is YUM. We'll be making those again for sure!!!

You should give it a try. Your kids will think you're amazing!

We even made home made playdough today... it was so EASY! I'll post the recipe for it later!




No comments: