Monday, July 26, 2010

Christmas in July!

What? Christmas? Seriously?.... yes. We're half way there. Before we know it school will be starting and summer will come to a sad end. But it's never too early to get started on making all the little details of that special time of the year! With the new baby coming so close to christmas I decided to start early this year. Since strawberries and raspberries are all on sale and really good and fresh right now I bought a bunch to make some good 'ole freezer jam! To me there's nothing better than a home made gift. They're just thoughtful and meaningful. I love them. Freezer jam is SO EASY TO MAKE. You just follow the directions in the box of pectin. It took me about 20 minutes. 4 cups of fresh strawberries will get you about 5 cups of jam. I bought cute little Ziplock plastic jars with a red lid so I could freeze them and they'll stay good in your freezer for a year. So if someone has a baby, bust out a jam of freezer jar to go along with your meal. If someone is sick, bring them over some nice yummy soup and a jar of your freezer jam! (I actually just typed a jam of your freezer jar! haha) It's the perfect gift!

So for christmas gifts I made these cute little tags to attach to any gift or jar of jam, or homemade salsa, or cookies in a jar... anything! And the best part?

THey're 50% off in my shop right now through the end of the month of july! So go over to the shop and grab your gift tags for this christmas for only $5 right now!!!! I recommend getting a 2" scalloped punch from Michael's or Hobby Lobby! It makes it that much more pretty!

Charlie Lou Design SHop!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: